Monday

The Windy City

M and I took a road trip to the Windy City, the Second City, the home of the Cubs, Bulls, Sox, Hawks, and Bears. . . none other than Chicago.  It was an awesome adventure.  We saw the sights, ate great food, and had a fab time overall.  These pics are all taken in the city's very cool Millennium Park.

Dress: Forever XXI // Purse: Urban Outfitters // Moccasins: Minnetonka //
Dress: Forever XXI // Purse: Urban Outfitters // Moccasins: Minnetonka //

Here I am, in front of "The Bean." This giant, chrome, jelly bean-esque statue is by Anish Kapoor, and is actually called, "Cloud Gate."  Tourists like taking photos of themselves in it.  M and I were no exceptions.  (Look closely and see if you can find M taking my picture.)

Moccasins: Minnetonka // 

Dress: Forever XXI // Purse: Urban Outfitters // Moccasins: Minnetonka //

Here I am posing with one of Jun Kaneko's tanukis- a creepy looking pig-dog* trickster with polka dots :)
  
Dress: Forever XXI // Purse: Urban Outfitters // Coat: can't remember; it's super old //

It started raining.  I went to play in the Crown Fountain nonetheless.  It's a video sculpture/ fountain, I guess.  There are different faces projected on the fountain that seem to spit water into it. I frolicked.  Maybe a little too much.  But, who's to say how much is too much?


My maxi dress was great to tour around in.  It was flowy and comfy.  It was tied in a knot when it got hot out, and dried out nicely after I sat in a puddle.

Millennium Park is like a free outdoor art museum.  Check it out if you're ever in Chicago.
♥ Meg xoxo

*This is the technical name, made up by M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment