Sunday

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


Okay, this book is teen fiction.  I saw it on a student's desk and I was interested. I mean, who doesn't like a little teen fiction now and then? 
"'Just that a discussion about true love is usually something you talk about after three months, not three hours.'"

Smith tells the story of twenty-four hours in the life of seventeen year old Hadley Sullivan. Hadley is flying to London to be part of her father's second wedding, misses her flight, and ends up sitting beside a charming bloke from London on the plane ride. 

Hadley and Oliver end up talking the whole way to London - they discuss everything from types of clouds and claustrophobia, to Hadley's hatred for her father's new life. 

They land in England and part ways. The rest of the novel explains their separate days in London, and the journeys they take to find each other again. 

Alright, alright. I know. It's highly implausible. I recognize that. And it's completely written in the present tense, which is weird.

But I liked it. It was filled with teen angst, confusion, romance, and drama. Remember, I got it in the Teen Fiction section of the library. 

♥ Meg xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment